Canmore Illusions Gymnastics Club is looking for a Level 3 Women’s Artistic Coach!
We offer a gymnastics environment that is built to build Power. Strength. Determination. FUN!
We are a non-profit club in the heart of the beautiful Rocky Mountains. We pride ourselves on offering opportunities for all our athletes to develop personal excellence and a life-long love of gymnastics, sport and fitness. From recreational programing to elite competitive athletics, our mission is to provide athletes with quality coaching and instruction in support of achieving maximum potential.
If our mission and mandate sound like a fit for you and working and living the Rocky Mountain Lifestyle is appealing – consider joining us!
CIGC is currently accepting application for Full-time, Permanent
Level 3 Women’s Artistic Coach
Foreign and temporary workers are welcome to apply, as we have an approved position by the Government of Canada.
What we offer:
- Salary range $55,000 – $57,000 annually and based on experience
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation
- Illness and personal days off
- A flexible schedule with Holiday and Summer programming on a reduced schedule
- Benefits reimbursement
- Coaching and training workshops, certification and professional development opportunities
- A great team of amazing coaches who continuously demonstrate passion, collaboration and a dedication to our athletes that is second to none!
What we require:
- National Coaching Certificate Level 3 or Equivalent
- Current Standard First-Aid & CPR certification (or willing to be trained)
- Making Ethical Decisions and Respect in Sport Certificates
- Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector) is required
- Strong technical knowledge of artistic gymnastics and a proven track record of working with youth athletes
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within women’s competitive gymnastics
Ideally, the successful candidate will be:
- Great with coaching youth athletes!
- Able to work well individually and as part of a team
- Organized, reliable, with effective communication skills to assist our athletes and their parents understand Club and program expectations.
- Detail oriented
- Approachable, innovative and solution focused
- Able to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills in a fluid environment
- Plan, develop and implement daily training sessions and yearly training plans for competitive provincial and national level gymnasts
- Develop and carry out team warm-up and physical preparation plans
- Develop training plans for individual athletes, including short and long-term goal setting
- Identify and develop gymnasts’ potential skills and abilities
- Analyze athletes’ strengths and weaknesses
- Prepare athletes physically and psychologically for competitive events
- Evaluate gymnasts’ performances and modify training plans as required
- Appropriately carry out and compose routines using the current Code of Points and appropriate Program Manuals
- Carry out non-competitive coaching for drop-in programs, and occasional school groups/user group bookings (on an as-needed basis)
Some other things we’ll likely ask of you:
- Assist Competitive Program Director in structuring the entire women’s competitive program
- Provide technical mentorship as required to other coaches
- Participate in parent/coach meetings regularly 1-2 times per season, and otherwise communicate with parents on an as needed basis in a timely and professional manner
- Assist with organizing and executing the Club’s Summit competition
- Attend monthly coaching meetings, and technical/planning meetings as required
- Assist in CIGC initiatives in the community including promotion of fundraising events and other community events in general
- Represent CIGC in a manner that enhances CIGC’s objectives and image
- Assist CIGC administration with the development of your Professional Growth Plan on an annual basis
Interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter, quoting Level 3 Women’s Artistic Coach, by February 18th to:
Competitive Program Director
Canmore Illusions Gymnastics Club